Columbus Crew SC Overview
Columbus Crew SC (Soccer Club) is the first club in Major League Soccer and in 2015, Crew SC was crowned MLS Eastern Conference Champions in the organization’s 20th season. Owned and operated by Precourt Sports Ventures (PSV), it won its first MLS Cup championship in 2008 and also won the 2002 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup as well as MLS Supporters’ Shield titles in 2004, 2008 and 2009. The 2016 campaign is the Black & Gold’s 18th season at historic MAPFRE Stadium -- the first soccer-specific stadium in the United States – where the club set single-season sellout records and hosted the 2015 MLS Cup. The club was purchased by PSV on July 29, 2013 as part of the privately held investment and management firm’s sports and entertainment business enterprise.
Columbus Crew SC is seeking Player Development Coaches for ages 6-18 in our Player Development Department. The positions are considered part-time independent contractor relationships and each Coach will have specific training sessions and games to run around the Greater Columbus area. Crew SC will work with each Coach to determine the best fitting age group and level based upon qualifications.
Player Development Coaches are expected to actively communicate with players and parents, develop players both on and off the field and demonstrate the high expectations and level of professionalism associated in working with a professional sports organization.
Player Development Coaches report to the Player Development Director of Operations and involve close collaboration with the other coaches and the full Player Development Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Design and Implement high-level, professional coaching sessions following the Columbus Crew SC philosophy, methodology and curriculum
· Schedule and lead weekly training sessions each season
· Serve as a brand ambassador for Columbus Crew SC representing the brand positively at all times and within the community
· Communicate weekly with Player Development Directors
· Game day preparation and team management at games
· Help conduct, lead and support age group tryouts
· Attend internal Crew SC Player Development trainings and meetings and pursue continuing education opportunities
· Annual Season: late May, 2016 through mid-June, 2017
Required skills, experience & abilities
· Be available to start position May 26, 2016
· Minimum of USSF “E” License
· Minimum of 2 years’ youth soccer coaching experience
· Must be at least 18 years of age and high school diploma/GED required; higher education preferred
· Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, including strong verbal communication skills. Second language a plus
· Ability to consistently work evenings and weekends
· Coaching philosophy and style consistent with club environment (emphasis on development both as a player and as a person)
· CPR & AED certified
· Reliable Transportation
CLICK HERE to apply!